Amazon now features Lightning Deals which are promotions for products that have a limited number of items left or sellers who want to offer a special deal for their product. Lightning Deals are available, one per customer, until the deal expires or the product runs out of inventory.
You can find lightning deals by clicking Today’s Deals in the top navbar.
Once you are on all the daily deals page, you will see the lightning deals link in the left sub menu.
About Lightning Deals
Lightning Deals are time-sensitive so its important to make your order quick if you find a deal you like. It could also run out of stock before you have time to buy it so you must watch out for this too.
When a lightning deal is ready, you will see:
- The item featured in the Amazon Deal
- The discount amount and final price
- A percentage bar that shows the amount of claimed deals
- A timer showing how long you have until the lightning deal is over
- An add to cart button if there are available items
Note: When all the promotional discounts for a Lightning Deal are held by other customers, you will see a Join Waitlist button and the status bar will show that 100% if the promotional discounts are currently being held in other customers’ Carts or have already been used to purchase the deal.
In this case, you will have to join the lightning deals waitlist.
Join Lightning Deal Waitlist
If you found that perfect deal but its fully claimed and there is a join waitlist button, you still have a chance to get the deal. If the other customers don’t complete their Cart (and checkout) within 15 minutes, the lightning deal will be made available to the next customer in the list.
To join a Lightning Deal waitlist and get alerted when it’s available:
- Select the Join waitlist button on the deal you want to join
- When your up next on the waitlist, you will get an alert on your Amazon account. If you have the Amazon App, you will be send a notification on your phone as well.
- Add the item to your cart before the time runs out
- Purchase the product within 15 minutes to claim the lightning deal.
Note: A waitlist will automatically expires when the promotion expires. All customers on the waitlist then lose their chance to claim the Lightning Deal since its over.
Claim a Lightning Deal
Claiming a Lightning Deal is pretty simple and straightforward. Once you are in the lightning deals section:
- Find the deal you want to purchase and select add to cart
- A timer will appear next to the Lightning Deal indication how much time you have left to purchase
- Head to your cart where you can keep an eye on the timer
- Checkout before the timer runs out and enjoy your Lightning Deal discount
- On Amazon Prime Day, Lightning Deals are only available to Prime Members
- If you cancel your order for a Lightning Deal, you will not be able to get the same item again, even if it still running
- Once all promotions have been claimed on a Lightning Deal, you will see a ‘Sold Out’ or ‘Discounts Claim’ badge indication its over.